Open Expeditions Summer & Autumn 2021
In response to the lack of opportunities via schools & colleges due to the COVID-19 Pandemic & after careful planning & risk assessment we have arranged a number of Open Expeditions this Summer & Autumn.
We have really put a lot of thought into whether or not to run expeditions this year. Having decided that the regulations & advice allow us to run them… we put a lot of thought into whether we should. After talking to people in the areas we visit it was obvious that we would be welcomed back as long as we took a few new things into consideration. Then we’ve put a lot of thought & effort into how to run expeditions safely, for our participants, staff & for the rural communities we visit in different parts of the country every year.
Please Note: Expeditions will only run with a minimum of 5 participants.
COVID – Information for Participants & Parents
As Covid-19 continues to spread around the world, it is incumbent upon us to do everything we can to ensure the overall health of people.
We are grateful for your understanding in this important matter and appreciate your support in safeguarding the health of everybody and contributing to the continuing efforts to contain the outbreak.
I.C.Y Expeditions will operate in accordance with National Government (& Welsh/Scottish Parliament) guidelines.
It is impossible for us to guarantee that participants in our activities & expeditions will not catch COVID-19. We will endeavour to ensure that we mitigate this risk as much as possible. Participants will be strongly encouraged to observe all measures at all times in order to assist us in keeping them as safe as possible.
In addition to our normal operating procedures the following measures will be implemented.
- Will sleep in a tent on their own – unless they are from the same household.
- Will cook on their own stoves
- Will be encouraged to maintain social distancing at all times during the expedition. They must remain in sight of each other at all times.
- Will bring a mask (3 layer/FFP2/FFP3) – to be worn on any occasion that social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Private site – No access for general Public
- Tents arranged within 3 meters of each other.
- Each group will have its own instructor working exclusively with them.
- Routes will be out & back to the same campsite each day – to minimise exposure to general public
- All expedition equipment will be thoroughly cleaned in between expeditions as per guidelines for different fabrics & surfaces.
- All toilets will have hand sanitizer outside the door so that participant will sanitize hands before using the toilet & afterwards.
- Toilets will be cleaned with disinfectant daily.
We’re really keen to deliver safe expeditions again but we understand that some of you may be nervous about letting your young people participate. We understand. Please contact us if you would like to discuss any of our arrangements.