COVID – Information for Participants & Parents
As Covid-19 continues to spread around the world, it is incumbent upon us to do everything we can to ensure the overall health of people.
We are grateful for your understanding in this important matter and appreciate your support in safeguarding the health of everybody and contributing to the continuing efforts to contain the outbreak.
I.C.Y Expeditions will operate in accordance with National Government (& Welsh/Scottish Parliament) guidelines.
It is impossible for us to guarantee that participants in our activities & expeditions will not catch COVID-19. We will endeavour to ensure that we mitigate this risk as much as possible. Participants will be strongly encouraged to observe all measures at all times in order to assist us in keeping them as safe as possible.
In addition to our normal operating procedures the following measures will be implemented.
- Will sleep in a tent on their own – unless they are from the same household.
- Will cook on their own stoves
- Will be encouraged to maintain social distancing at all times during the expedition. They must remain in sight of each other at all times.
- Will bring a mask (3 layer/FFP2/FFP3) – to be worn on any occasion that social distancing cannot be maintained.
- 1 instructor per group
- Private camp site – No access for general Public
- Tents arranged within 3 meters of each other.
- Each group will have its own instructor working exclusively with them.
- Routes will be out & back to the same campsite each day – to minimise exposure to general public
- All expedition equipment will be thoroughly cleaned in between expeditions as per guidelines for different fabrics & surfaces.
- All toilets will have hand sanitizer outside the door so that participant will sanitize hands before using the toilet & afterwards.
- Toilets will be cleaned with disinfectant daily.